Companies can register candidates by downloading, completing and returning the NVQ Application Form to ADSA.
Once ADSA has received the application, the company’s NVQ Project Manager will then be contacted by our NVQ Assessor where the NVQ process fully explained and any questions or concerns answered.
It is envisaged that the Assessor will make up to three on-site observational visits with the candidates to assess occupational competence on site. If everything is satisfactory the paperwork can then be completed and signed off.
In addition to submitting the NVQ Application Form extra documentation is required for this NVQ, these are outlined below:
- Company method statements, generic or site specific, these must be signed by the candidate
- Company risk assessments, generic or site specific, these must be signed by the candidate
- Job sheets for work done; these should cover the full range of products over a period of time that the candidate has worked on. These must be signed by both the candidate and customer
- Commissioning sheets for work completed, these should cover a range of products that the candidate has worked on. These must be signed by the candidate
- Drawings associated with work done by the candidate
- Witness statements covering work history with the company
- Any additional documentation which has been signed by the candidate
On successful completion of the NVQ the candidates will be issued with a certificate by the awarding body (cskills awards), upon receipt the candidate can then, providing a CSCS H&S pass has been obtained apply for a CSCS.
The cost of the assessment by ADSA is £540 per candidate plus the assessors travelling costs at 20p per mile from his Telford base. There is a CITB registration charge of £77.25 and a CITB administration fee of £200 for members not registered with the CITB.
Limited funding may be available. Eligibility will be decided upon once the application has been completed.
As from July 1st 2014 holders of a site operative CSCS card (green) will no longer be able to renew it without:-
- Pass the Health and Safety in a Construction Environment NVQ level 1 qualification
- Pass the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment test within two years of applying for a new card
As we all know, any qualification or training comes with a financial cost attached to it, so why pay for a CSCS card that doesn’t represent the skills, knowledge and investment that has been put into your workforce only to be refused access to the work site.
For further information please contact ADSA office at;
Automatic Door Suppliers Association Limited
Pacific House Business Centre,
Relay point, Wilnecote
Tamworth, Staffordshire B77 5PA
Tel: +44 (0)1827 264437